Having cats as pets can be really fun and stress-relieving. However, the opposite may happen if your cat is too scratchy that it uses its sharp claws to scratch your floor, carpet, furniture, home décor, or even you. Even particularly alarming is the risk of your babies or children getting scratched by your cute felines. Because of these, it is highly advisable for cat owners to put on nail caps on their cats to cover their sharp claws and prevent the above-mentioned problems to occur.
So now, which is the best cat nail caps? If this is the question that you are thinking of, then go no further because this article provides a review of the best cat nail caps. We have identified these best products through careful evaluation of different nail caps available in the market place. We use the factors of money, quality, variety, and most especially, the feedback given by customers on Amazon in determining the best cat nail caps.
- Top 5 Best Cat Nail Caps for 2020
- Top 1 – Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps
- Top 2 – Kitty Caps Nail Caps for Cats
- Top 3- YMCCOOL 100 pcs Cat Nail Caps
- Top 4 – Purrdy Paws Soft Nail Caps for Cat Claws Purple Holographic Glitter
- Top 5 – Brostown 100 Pcs Soft Pet Cat Nail Caps
- Do you have to trim the nail first before putting on the nail cap?
- Will the nail cap interfere a kitten training to use scratching posts?
- Do you apply the nail caps on both the front and back claws?
- Do nail caps stop cats from scratching themselves?
- Can you use a cat nail cap on a dog?
- How do I determine the size of cat nail caps to buy?
- How long does it take for the adhesive glue to dry?
- How to make your cat not bite off the nail cap?
Top 5 Best Cat Nail Caps for 2020
- Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps
- Kitty Caps Nail Caps for Cats
- YMCCOOL 100 pcs Cat Nail Caps
- Purrdy Paws Soft Nail Caps for Cat Claws Purple Holographic Glitter
- Brostown 100 Pcs Soft Pet Cat Nail Caps
Top 1 – Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps
We have identified the best cat nail cap for 2020 and it is none other than the Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps. This product can be bought cheaply from Amazon. It comes in different sizes which are small, medium, and large. It also comes in different colors, making the product a winner when it comes to variety. This cat nail cap was simply designed to be a non-surgical alternative to cat declawing. It can be easily put onto your cat and will not make your cat feel uncomfortable. One package of the Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps contains about 40 non-toxic nail caps.
Key Features of the Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps
- Protect homes against destructive scratching by applying Soft Claws Nail Caps to a cat’s nails
- A simple, non-surgical alternative to declawing
- Easy-to-apply caps last 4-6 weeks and will not interfere with pet’s normal behavior
- Feline take-home kit includes 40 nail caps, adhesive, 6 applicator tips and instructions
- Measures 6-4/5-inch length by 5-inch width by 1-4/5-inch height, available in large size with clear color
Top 2 – Kitty Caps Nail Caps for Cats
Our top 2 best cat nail caps for 2020 is the Kitty Caps Nail Caps for Cats. This product can effectively cover your cat’s claws in order to prevent damage to your furniture. It is made from safe and non-toxic natural vinyl resin so these caps are safe and easy to apply. After putting them onto your cat’s paws, their claws can extend and retract without any disturbance. As your cat’s nails grow and shed, these caps will naturally fall off, which is about 4 to 8 weeks after application.
Key Features of the Kitty Caps Nail Caps for Cats
- Easy to use and apply
- Makes for a scratch-free household
- For both cats and kittens, newborn or elder feline
- A safe and humane alternative to surgical claw removal
Top 3- YMCCOOL 100 pcs Cat Nail Caps
Our top 3 on the list of best cat nail caps for 2020 is the YMCCOOL 100 pieces cat nail caps. This cat nail cap is made from a premium natural vinyl resin material which is soft and comfortable for your cat to wear. There is still normal expansion and contraction that can make your cat’s claws adapt very quickly. The adhesive glue used to apply this on your cat’s claws is safe, non-toxic, and with certification from Europe MSDS. This nail cap will protect your household surfaces, doors, floors, walls and furniture, screens, and yourself from damage due to your cat’s sharp claws. One package of this nail cap contains 10 different colors.
Key Features of the YMCCOOL Cat Nail Caps
- safe and comfortable
- adhesive glue has Europe MSDS certification
- stable contraction and expansion
- comes in different sizes and colors
Top 4 – Purrdy Paws Soft Nail Caps for Cat Claws Purple Holographic Glitter
Our top 4 best cat nail caps for 2020 is the Purrdy Paws Soft Nail Caps for Cat Claws Purple Holographic Glitter. If you are looking for an effective cat nail cap which will not only stop your cat from scratching different objects in your house but will also make him or her look good and glamorous, then this product is the ideal one for you. One kit of this product contains 20 nail caps, an adhesive, applicator tips, and instructions on usage. Veterinarians recommend this cat nail cap because it is safe and non-toxic. It also comes in four different sizes: small, medium, large, and kitten.
Key Features of the Purrdy Paws Soft Nail Caps for Cat Claws Purple Holographic Glitter
- Stop your cats from damaging your Household Surfaces: Floors, Doors, Screens, Walls, and Furniture
- Extremely safe and non-toxic
- Official Purrdy Paws Brand
- Kitten size fits: (Less than 6 months old)
- 20 Illusion Purple Glitter Nail Caps – Adhesive – Applicator Tip – Instructions
Top 5 – Brostown 100 Pcs Soft Pet Cat Nail Caps
Last but definitely not least on our list of the best cat nail caps for 2020 is the Brostown 100 Pcs Soft Pet Cat Nail Caps. This cat nail cap is natural and comfortable. It will not affect your cat’s claws’ normal contraction and expansion. Cats can easily adapt to these nail caps, though at first, they may try to bite or chew these nail caps off. These nail caps are also safe and non-toxic so that you won’t have to worry about your cat swallowing it or parts of it. Using these nail caps on your cat will protect your home against destructive scratching. One package of this product contains 100 pieces of nail caps with 5 different colors, 5 pieces of adhesive glues, 5 pieces of an applicator, and instructions on usage.
Key Features of the Brostown 100 Pcs Soft Pet Cat Nail Caps
- Made only for cats
- Protects your furniture, and protects your skin
- Easy to apply
- Looks beautiful
- Can be easily adjusted to fit your cat’s claw size
- Natural and comfortable
- Comes in 5 different colors
- Sizes: extra small, small, medium, and large
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Do you have to trim the nail first before putting on the nail cap?
Though not really needed, the nail caps will last longer if you trim your cat’s nails first. Hence, it is recommended to trim them first.
Will the nail cap interfere a kitten training to use scratching posts?
No, nail caps will not interfere with your kitten’s normal scratching. But be wary of your cat getting irritated by fabrics when you remove the nail caps.
Do you apply the nail caps on both the front and back claws?
It depends on your cat’s behavior. If your problem is that your cat is always scratching your furniture and nothing else, then you should put the nail caps only on the front claws.
Do nail caps stop cats from scratching themselves?
No, nail caps will not stop your cats from scratching because it is their natural behavior. What you are preventing from happening is the damage caused by scratching of sharp claws. When you put on the nail caps on your cat’s claws, she can still scratch all she wants but this time, there is no damage.
Can you use a cat nail cap on a dog?
These products were designed specifically for the claws of cats. However, there may be certain dogs with claws that are similar to those of cats in terms of sizes. Hence, there are nail caps that may fit on the claws of small dogs.
How do I determine the size of cat nail caps to buy?
- Extra small: Cushy Claws will fit most kittens by the time they reach the age of 16 weeks. Some faster-growing kittens may be able to wear them as early as 12 weeks. In some cases, you may need to trim the open end of the nail cap making it smaller and easier to accommodate smaller kittens.
- Small: Usually 6 months of age or approximately 6-8 pounds.
- Medium: Usually adult size cats wear medium approximately 9-13 pounds.
- Large: Large boned/large breed cats and approximately 14 pounds and up
How long does it take for the adhesive glue to dry?
The adhesive glue primarily used for cat nail caps is like a super glue that dries up almost instantly. The maximum time you need to wait for it to dry up is about 10 seconds.
How to make your cat not bite off the nail cap?
At first application, it is common for cats to chew on the nail caps because they are still not used to it. The best thing to do is to distract your cat from biting them off. You can give them catnip. If the nail caps get damaged, replace them and your cat will most likely be already used to it.
After reading our list for the top 5 best cat nail caps for you now have a good idea as to which product you should choose from. We have done the careful evaluation of these products in this list to provide you with the definite best of the best cat nail caps. But the choice is now up to you. Do consider your budget in choosing one. May you find the best cat nail cap to have the best protection on your cat’s sharp claws.